Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Metal-related work

On Sun, 11 Jan 2015 21:13:30 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

A rainy/icy nasty day , but I did get some quality time in out in The
Annex today . I spent some time today working on one pattern and almost
completing a second for parts to the Gingery shaper I'm building . If all
goes well I'll have the sides and front cast by midweek (got beehives in

Aluminum castings? Are you taking pics of the process yet?

process too , and they take priority) and machined by the end . I think the
ram is next in the build sequence . And I've got a big pile of salvaged
lumber to use , all of it seasoned at least 20-30 years . I had forgotten
how much I used to enjoy woodwork - before it became my livelihood .

I can see those hives now: Bird's-eye maple frames, quilted sapele
boxes, bocote landing, and amboyna burl lid with ebony trim. bseg
Whoo-eee!

--
In an industrial society which confuses work and productivity, the
necessity of producing has always been an enemy of the desire to create.