Posted to alt.home.repair
Tekkie® Tekkie® is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clicking sounds

Danny D. posted for all of us...

trader_4 wrote, on Mon, 15 Dec 2014 16:05:21 -0800:

I doubt it. Some of them the rubber boot just grips very tight.

That's a fair enough assumption.

I haven't heard back from Mitch, at Generac, so, in the morning,
I'll give another call.

It sure *felt* like there was a spring on that boot, although
it would have to be a very strong one to give an inch, and then
snap back like that boot did.

It was *not* stuck solid - it moved a good half inch to an inch
and snapped back.

Weird.

That was suction of air in the boot. Get a spark plug boot pliers.
Also look at the part numbers on the old plugs.

--
Tekkie