Owen Lowe

Default Sharpening Tools

In article et,
"Lyn J. Mangiameli" wrote:

I didn't recommend it to the original poster as it sounded like he was
desirous of a more versatile system.

It is at least a few months away, but I am working towards a comparative
review of most of the sharpening sytems, both grinders/sanders and
jigging systems. It's not been such a simple project, both because of
the range of set ups possible, and that it becomes a rather expensive
undertaking when most of the options are included.

Thanks Lyn. I wasn't that familiar with Ellsworth's jig and had vague
recollections about it being only useable with one size gouge - but that
may not be a big deal if the OP doesn't currently have a bowl gouge and
could buy the jig and gouge size to match.

Did you ever finish the sanding series? I recall two (?) installments
but was thinking you were going to write about the brands of abrasives
in the final article.