Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I shoulda ...

Oren wrote:
On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 09:15:46 -0600, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Surprise ! It isn't frozen where I expected , apparently the hose is
frozen where it runs under the connecting hall between the camper
and the faucet under the house . I have my backup in place and
hooked up , but it runs across open ground and will be disconnected
as soon as I thaw the regular hose . I see I need to insulate , I
think I'll lay some batts over the hose . And leave it dripping at
predicted temps below 20° .

Consider changing that "hose" with a short run of PEX. It can freeze,
expand and not burst.

It froze in Vegas last week. Ice and light snow flurries.

I dida...

The hose didn't burst , but when I was pulling it out so I could bring it
indoors to thaw I bent it . It broke . I have my spare under there now , and
will pick up another spare next time I go to town .

--
Snag