Posted to alt.home.repair

Default I shoulda ...

Terry Coombs wrote:
At 3 AM and 3° , the water was fine . At 6:30 and 1° it was frozen
(only in the camper , The Shed water is fine) . Apparently the
insulation I covered the short vertical run of hose wasn't quite
enough and I shoulda left a faucet dripping . Well , now I know how
cold it needs to get before I need to drip the faucet .

Surprise ! It isn't frozen where I expected , apparently the hose is
frozen where it runs under the connecting hall between the camper and the
faucet under the house . I have my backup in place and hooked up , but it
runs across open ground and will be disconnected as soon as I thaw the
regular hose . I see I need to insulate , I think I'll lay some batts over
the hose . And leave it dripping at predicted temps below 20° .

--
Snag