Posted to alt.home.repair
David LaRue David LaRue is offline

Default OT Need a Google search phrase

KenK wrote in news:XnsA41A4BDB64191invalidcom@
130.133.4.11:

I decided it would be a good idea to find a service,
preferably free, that had people check in daily via email,
phone, whatever so as to be sure they are ok, otherwise call
and if no response send out police or sheriff for a welfare
call.

There used to be at least one such service here many years
ago, but I can't remember anything about them. Can anyone
think of a Google search phrase for this or anyone to call for
this info? I tried a few Google searches but nothing remotely
like this turned up. Evidently the word 'welfare' in the
phrase doesn't work - too many other meanings. At 80, living
alone, this seems like a good precaution to take. One of those
help pendants where you press the button is ok, but if I can
do that I can use my cell or landline to call 911. Besides,
they cost $10 - $15 a month.I suspect an answering service
would do this, but would likely charge even more.

TIA

The USPS informally does this. Ask your postal worker to check on you
if you haven't picked up the previous day's mail.