Posted to alt.home.repair
albert albert is offline

Default outside motion detection lights

replying to Unquestionably Confused , albert wrote:
puzzled2 wrote:

Unlikely, I would think. Perhaps the reason that particular bulb went
out and the problem with the sensor stems from a power surge?
Easy way to check... replace the burned out bulb and see if that cures
it? I assume that you have already attempted to reset the sensor?
Flipping it off and then on again in the interval called for in the
instructions?

I didn't turn the breaker off because it is hard wired, but I did put
black electrical tape over the sensor and that didn't turn it off