Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default outside motion detection lights

trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, January 5, 2015 6:04:37 AM UTC-5, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On Mon, 05 Jan 2015 04:44:01 +0000, albert
wrote:

I have one motion detection on the side of my house, and one of the bulbs
is out. Would that make isthe other one stay on all the time? If not what
could possibly be the problem

From me experience, no.
Could there have been a power glitch? It could have knocked the one
bulb out and put the sensor out of sync. If you turn them off then
on, they stay on. Turn the switch or breaker off, wait a minute, then
put it back on.

+1

Many of them have that feature, where if you turn it off, then on
again withing a couple secs, it goes into permanent on mode. That's
possible. I don't see any logical way one bulb being out would
result in permanent on. Like you say, try resetting it.

Hi,
Same with one in my garage.