Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On Wednesday, December 31, 2014 12:06:02 AM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
Danny D. wrote, on Sun, 28 Dec 2014 02:41:33 +0000:

Did you get the new flame sensor in?

It's supposed to arrive on Tuesday due to the holidays.

Woo hoo! Who would have thought a stainless steel rod could fail!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8565/1...6ed2ba81_b.jpg

The moment I put the new one in, the heater worked like a charm!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7522/1...39c96820_c.jpg

The meter still read 0.0 microamps, so, I'm sure the fuse was
already blown before I got it!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7563/1...5a45a263_c.jpg

You guys were right all along!

So, what's the logical conclusion here? That something changed in
the properties of the metal? That's about all that's left, isn't it?
The insulator isn't shorted, it had continuity from tip to wire, etc.....
Funny thing, in the limited reading I did about flame sensors, I didn't
see anything about the metal needing to be special. Only that it needed
to be clean and you cleaned it up with sandpaper or steel wool, etc.
I'm left wondering what the actualy failure was.

Good to hear you got it going though and good info for the future.