Posted to alt.home.repair
Sasquatch Jones Sasquatch Jones is offline

Default Connecting Internet from Cable TV Provider

On Sun, 28 Dec 2014 18:15:31 -0800, Oren wrote:

I see no reason to subscribe to a binary group when it isn't
necessary. Text groups work just fine for me. A simple URL to a free
hosting site has worked just fine for most all people here. For those
not using binary groups.

The guy can post to a binary group, worry about his upload DSL speed
but can't use the same speed for a free site? And post the URL here?

Yes, that is correct, Oral. Like yourself, I don't understand why it is either. I suspect it may have something to do with site handshaking that is not a factor with usenet, butt, I'm not the computer wiz that you are.