Posted to alt.home.repair
Unquestionably Confused Unquestionably Confused is offline

Default Connecting Internet from Cable TV Provider

On 12/28/2014 3:01 PM, Sasquatch Jones wrote:
I posted a sketch for this at alt.binaries.schematics.electronic and alt.binaries.schematics.electronics. Can't post to websites right now due to 3-15Kbps connection speed proudly provided by Verizon DSL. If you can't access those groups, pls tell me what binary groups you can access and I'll post it again.

Does the attached sketch look like a reasonable cable routing? I'm trying to keep the cable as short as possible and to keep from running cable thru the attic.

Are these things reasonable, or something the installer might not want to do?....

Anything you want SHOULD be reasonable, however, for a variety of
reasons, not the least of which being liability and "it's our policy"
you may have some trouble.

What you are proposing will undoubtedly be something more than the
standard installation (which may be free or some nominal charge). I'd
expect to see a charge and not a nominal one.

When I switch satellite television companies, I ran into this same
thing: "We can't mount the dish here, it has to go on the roof." "We
can't run the cable here, it has to go..."

That was per the subcontractor working for the company. Fortunately for
me, I had done some legal work for the satellite company and had made my
arrangements and cut my subscription deal directly with their regional
manager. Only guy higher for my particular area was at their corporate
HQ. I made a call while the sub was there, handed him the telephone and
things were installed per my wishes. Game, set, match and no upcharge.g

That said, you should be able - based on your addition plans - to
dictate where the box will located. You're doing them a solid and if
they balk, just tell them to have their boss write up an agreement to
move the box when the time comes at no charge.