Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair

Default Interesting ...

On 05/01/15 20:15, bob wrote:

It seems most modern LCD tv's have a life of two or three years then
they go haywire. I was all ready to get a new Sharp LED set before the
first of the year on sale and was about the push go, then figured
i better do some research first. Pages and pages of it failed soon
and the manufacturer would not help. I'm sure capacitors are one
of the major reasons for that also.

I have 3 Samsung screens:

42" TV, circa 2005, running as well now as the day it was new;

20" (ish) computer monitor, 2006 ish, still good, maybe the backlight is
a tad dimmer than it used to be;

20" ish TV, circa 2008, still perfect, using it now.

So Samsung seems reliable.

i just saw some 40W LED bulbs at a ACE US hardware store for $5.99 on
sale. almost got one, but held off for now. Its hard to beat the
simplicity of a incandescent lamp.

bob