Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New table saw - can't change blade

-MIKE- wrote:
On 1/4/15 9:46 AM, John McCoy wrote:
Leon wrote in
:

Gotcha. And you should never have an issue with the nut coming off
by itself, arbor nuts are self tightening with use.
On the flip side of that, I have never oiled the arbor nut on any of
my saws and never had a problem with removing the nuts.

I would say that's an expected consequence of regular use.
If you routinely remove the nut (to switch from crosscut
to rip or dado set, etc) then corrosion and gunk never
collect on the threads, so they work as intended.

Gotta be careful with the sawdust on that arbor.
Once spark and BOOM!!!

Only if using an ungrounded PVC dust extractor tube...

--

-Mike-