Posted to rec.woodworking

Default New table saw - can't change blade

wrote in
:

On Thursday, June 10, 2010 9:51:29 AM UTC-5, gray asphalt wrote:
Ryobi from Home Depot ... I realize it's a reverse thread.
Ryobi supples two wrenches and there seems to plenty
of torque. Still under return for 45 more days but I hate to
return an item this expensive because someone overightened
the nut at the factory. If I get the nut off will I have damaged
anything? ... I mean if the damage isn't obvious. Is there any
damage done from overtightening in the first place?

I have the same issue except that I change the blade one time and now
I can't get the darn thing off. Tried for about 2 hours still no
success. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Removing a stuck nut goes a lot easier if you've got a wrench or socket
that's tight and won't slip. Often the stamped "wrench" that comes with
the tool is a sloppy fit.

Sometimes turning the nut the opposite direction helps. It's not just
about left-hand threads, but sometimes tightening the nut a tiny bit is
enough to get things moving.

Puckdropper
--
Make it to fit, don't make it fit.