Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Minor Gloat

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Thu, 8 Jan 2015 23:03:41 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

Instead of theorizing you can make the air flow visible by
ballasting
a Mylar helium balloon to neutral buoyancy and watching where it
travels, being careful to keep it off exposed hot bulbs and the wood
stove. Added insulation and sealing leaks reduces the
"stratification"
by reducing the amount of cooled air flowing down the outside walls
and across the floor.

Doesn't the flow of cooler air to the bottom create flow in the
room,
decreasing stratification? Or is it too slow for that? I can feel
cold drafts from windows if I stand barefooted in front of the
window.
Maybe that's not enough to swirl room air.

If you don't believe me I've told you how to find out for yourself.

-jsw