Posted to alt.home.repair
Mike Hartigan[_2_] Mike Hartigan[_2_] is offline

Default Does anyone still use that PAPER sheetrock tape?

In article ,
says...

Most of it dont adhere well,
because the holes in it are too small for the joint compound to form a
bond. That mesh seems much more practical.

You need to put mud on the seam BEFORE applying the tape. You're not
supposed to try to squeeze it through those holes. Personally, while I
agree that the mesh is far easier to use, I find that the paper makes
for a less crack-prone seam. I'm sure it's a flaw in my technique (I'm
not a pro), but there it is.

On the other hand, I wish they made sheetrock that did not have the
indented edges. I'd probably just put up the sheetrock and just put a
thin molding over the seams.

We definitely disagree on that point. Butt joints drive me nuts!