Kent Carlson

Default Gluing Corian

IPS Corporation has a product called "Weld-On" that works okay with a 24
hour cure time for Corian. I found that 48 hours actually helped reduce
blow-out. I still prefer CA for Corian but CA didn't work too good on 100%
Acrylic sheets.

"dalecue" wrote in message

10x wrote in message ...

Greetings,

I have been given an assortment of corian scraps that I can use for
making pens. It works very well for the "slimline" style of pen.
However, for the thicker Mont Blanc style, I have to glue two pieces
together.

So far I, haven't had much success with this. I doesn't matter whether
I use the thicker crazy glues, model cement, or 5 minute epoxy. The
results are always the same. The pieces split apart when when I'm
turning.

I have tried sanding the faces with 80 grit to provide some tooth for
the glue, but nothing seems to help. I know Dupont makes a glue for
this product, because some of the shops laminate corian to make a
thicker front edge on counter tops.

What can I use besides tracking down Dupont's product?

Any info on glue or technique would be appreciated.

Joe

there are some adhesives known as plastic "welders" that IIUC,
dissolve and then re-bond the surface of plastics

sorry, don't know any names - google search?

Dale