Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3D Printing

On 27/12/14 14:54, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/12/14 23:37, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

Hmm, I've not looked at one of those for maybe 35 years. What's the bit
at the back that the fuel pipe's connected to? I remember the needle
valve being in front, on the carburettor...

on a 1bhp engine relocating the finger-twiddlable needle valve away from
the prop^H^H^H^h rotating knives, but retaining the front rotary
induction was a challenge met successfully in that design.

That sounds sensible in a way, but must have made mounting such an engine
trickier, if there had to be room for a thumb & finger to twiddle the thing.
After all there was a certain amount of room around one when it was at the
front.

Well the whole needle valve assembly doesn't need adjusting often. Lots
of people add extensions with flexible tube etc.
And removable cowls are not unusual..once started and warmed up, the
setting doesn't need changing.