Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] Jeremy Nicoll - news posts[_2_] is offline

Default 3D Printing

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/12/14 23:37, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

Hmm, I've not looked at one of those for maybe 35 years. What's the bit
at the back that the fuel pipe's connected to? I remember the needle
valve being in front, on the carburettor...

on a 1bhp engine relocating the finger-twiddlable needle valve away from
the prop^H^H^H^h rotating knives, but retaining the front rotary
induction was a challenge met successfully in that design.

That sounds sensible in a way, but must have made mounting such an engine
trickier, if there had to be room for a thumb & finger to twiddle the thing.
After all there was a certain amount of room around one when it was at the
front.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".