Posted to uk.d-i-y
harryagain[_2_] harryagain[_2_] is offline

Default OT - effectiveness of recycling?

"PeterC" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Dec 2014 18:31:39 -0000, harryagain wrote:

.

Some.

How much glass fibre did you use last year?
How many glass bottles did you throw away?

I'll bet the second was an order of magnitude greater than the first

But if you are a commercial new build, I suspect it is not

tim

There's a 330,000 sq. ft. new unit not far away - all the insulation is
(labelled) as wool - not many bottles in that, I hope.

Mineral wool, not glass wool.
Quite different stuff.

Um, if it's mineral (rock) wool, why is it labelled as "natural"? The men
weren't wearing masks and some didn't have gloves; also, no disposable
suits
in evidence.
Me thinks 'twas sheepy stuff.

The sheepy stuff is far too expensive for commercial use.