Posted to uk.d-i-y
PeterC PeterC is offline

Default OT - light "spillage" from proposed nearby football floodlights

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 19:03:19 GMT, DerbyBorn wrote:

When I did stage lighting I was very careful not to all allow scatter. We
had barn-door-shutters on many lights to carefully shape the beam. Some
installations now just seem to try to "light up the air". Bulkhead type
fittings in large car-parks are the worse. 50% of the light merely escaping
upwards.

My outside bulkheads have aluminium foil between glass and cage to 'shape'
the spread. One, with a 3.5W LED illuminates everything I need to see but
doesn't dazzle the neighbours. The other has a whisper 60W GLS / but is
on for ~10 min/year, so not worth changing.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away