Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default OT - light "spillage" from proposed nearby football floodlights

On Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:20:43 +0000, Neddie Seagoon
wrote:

Folks,

I live in a sheltered housing development directly adjacent to the
village's football club. So far, we've got along just fine with the
club and its players and we'd like that to continue. However, the club
has submitted an application to install floodlights which is giving us
cause for concern...

Quite frankly, we don't understand what these "spill" figures mean in
day-to-day terms. Are they equivalent to a full moon? A car headlight?
A room light?

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Are these Floodlights to illuminate the pitch or floodlights in
general?
If it is the Pitch then how often would they be on for, if it is only
a couple of times a week in the season for duration of practice
sessions and a game or two then may be it might be just something to
live with. Sports facilities have hidden benefits like giving some
youngsters something to do instead of vandlising the area .

G.Harman