Posted to uk.d-i-y
mike[_7_] mike[_7_] is offline

Default OT - light "spillage" from proposed nearby football floodlights

On Wednesday, December 24, 2014 5:20:45 PM UTC, Neddie Seagoon wrote:
Folks,

I live in a sheltered housing development directly adjacent to the
village's football club. So far, we've got along just fine with the
club and its players and we'd like that to continue. However, the club
has submitted an application to install floodlights which is giving us
cause for concern...

Can't help with the technicalities but, for what it's worth, our previous house backed on to a rugby pitch and the floodlights were never a problem. I don't recall even being aware they were switched on with the upstairs curtains drawn.

These would've been quite old floodlights and I doubt that anyone thought much about light pollution when they were installed.