Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 20:11:18 -0500:

With a new filter, and open vents, should be much improved air
flow. Lets see who spots the non sequitor.

I'm not sure I understand ...

non sequitor === an inference that does not follow from the premises;
specifically : a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a
universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a
condition and its consequent.
- a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from or is
not clearly related to anything previously said.

Anyway, I did *try* to run the "component test" as described he
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7521/1...32e0de5a_c.jpg

COMPONENT TEST
To initiate the component test sequence,shut OFF the room
thermostat or disconnect the "R" thermostat lead. Briefly short
the TEST terminal to the Com 24V terminal. Status LED will flash
code and then turn ON the inducer motor. The inducer motor will
run for the entire component test. The hot surface ignitor,
blower motor-heat speed, and blower motor-cool speed will be
turned ON for 10-15 seconds each".

I first removed the RED wire from the (R) terminal block screw,
but when I held down the door switch and then at the same time I
touched the COM terminal to the TEST terminal, nothing happened:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7554/1...08719d7e_b.jpg

So, I belatedly realized they must be talking about removing the
RED (R) terminal at the thermostat itself, so, put back the Red
wire onto the (R) terminal at the furnace, and then went down to
the thermostat and removed the two red wires from that thermostat.

Then, back up at the furnace, I added this orange wire to the COM
terminal so that I could hold down the door switch and then touch
the orange wire momentarily to the TEST blade on the control board:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7560/1...b61ec375_c.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what happened in this component test, but,
a bunch of things went on, and that was it. For example, the
inducer motor ran, and the igniter lit for a few seconds, but,
I didn't see anything else happen that told me any data.

Maybe I missed something in the so-called "component" test?