Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LED blinks constantly)

"Danny D." wrote in message
makolber wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 10:24:18 -0800:

I suggest you read my previous post that explains how the flame sensor
circuit works.
You can lead a horse to water......
Mark

Hi Mark,
I had read your suggestion and followed it as much as possible.

There is a flame sensor, and a hot igniter, which are located he
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8651/1...7fe7ca9f_c.jpg

I don't know yet how to physically 'test' them, but they do not appear
to be damaged. There is absolutely no water, and the ground appears
good but I need to run more tests on ground to be doubly sure.

The good news is that, after wiggling everything and opening all the
vents, and replacing the batteries, I called for heat just now:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7553/1...1d83ee2a_b.jpg

First the first time all winter, the igniter lit after the blower
motor ran for a minute or so!
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7566/1...a8d7692c_c.jpg

Then, for the first time, the flame and igniter went on:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7554/1...38cbbba7_c.jpg

Then, just the flame went on, for about 10 seconds or so:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7550/1...b9901d66_c.jpg

This happened three times, in quick succession, and then the furnace
went back to the blinking.

I will post the blinking video separately, as it seems to be
blinking a different code now.

Now that all that went on, it might be time to check the air flow switch.
It will be something after the blower mounted on the air chamber. It is a
switch that will probably show open and when you have air flow it will
close. If it does show open, and never closes when the blower starts up,
you have low air flow. Either the blower is not turning or the switch could
be bad. If it shows open, hook the two wires together and see if the
furnace stays running. Or place your meter across the wires and see if they
stay closed. You can probably go to ground from one of the contacts and one
side will always have voltage and the other one will not. Get on the one
without the voltage and see if it ever gets the voltage.

---