Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 12:49:48 -0500:

But, I'll check it - and report back - with pictures.

We'd expect nothing less from the professional you are.

I gathered the testing equipment:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7541/1...ea2b8a1c_b.jpg

I turned off the wall switch (it's turned on in this pic):
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7498/1...481232cf_b.jpg

I removed the cover of the inlex box from the BX cable:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7511/1...594e782c_b.jpg

I separated the hot (black), neutral (white) & ground (green):
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7573/1...1a9fd07a_b.jpg

Turning power on, I tested neutral to ground at 0 volts AC:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7533/1...a061993a_b.jpg

Turning power on, I tested hot to ground at nominally 120VAC.
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8638/1...8709828b_b.jpg

Turning power on, I tested hot to neutral at nominally 120VAC.
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7490/1...7fb5ddc8_b.jpg

I turned the power off, and reconnected the wires as before.

If the power is reversed, it's not at the inlet BX cable
connection to the unit.

What I mostly want to find is the big red button that says
"reset", but I don't see it. I see a bunch of smaller limit
resets, all of which I've pressed already.