Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On 12/22/2014 11:21 AM, trader_4 wrote:
bearing in mind that it's not at first obvious where the power
comes in yet.

I've never seen a furnace where it's not obvious where the power
comes in. I'm beginning to agree with Stormin.

CY: Hello! BX cable on top, to small box.
Earth to Danny!

Of course, that only matters for DC, right?

No, you can reverse the hot and neutral on AC. But as I said
before, it's virtually impossible for that to have happened and
I doubt anything to do with the power to the furnace is the problem.

CY: I've seen reversed polarity, and also open
grounds.

I hesitate to suggest people open up safety boxes and work
with live power, some folks can't do that safely. Prefer not
to go into a lot of detail on an open forum.

I have no problem whatsoever working around power.

CY: Well, in that case, the job is completed,
and you can post about it.

-
..
Christopher A. Young