Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 09:38:59 -0500:

Do you have some friends to call? Someone out there has
to know how to use a VOM.

Heh heh ...

I know how to use a DMM as well as anyone here knows how to
use one. I have had Simpson (analog) ammeters and voltmeters
since I was a young teen, when I was making my own resistance
testing equipment long before consumer DMMs were common.

My Fluke 75 is a good meter, which I've had for something
like 30 years. So, *using* a meter isn't at all a problem.

The problem is knowing what measurements to take.

To that end, this control board summary is a start:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7511/1...a7b9a83c_h.jpg

As is this wiring control schematic:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8616/1...d2721b93_h.jpg

And, of course, as is the overall furnace circuit schematic:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7560/1...e91c4626_b.jpg

All of which I'm new to, but, which I will print and pore over
to see what basic control and power inputs to test with my
trusty DMM.