Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

trader_4 wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 03:57:10 -0800:

Could be some sensor input is lacking, but then you'd think it would be
flashing a code that was in the table. Given what it's doing, my first
suspicion would be that it's a bad control board. Did you put a meter
on it when power is first applied, verified that it has 120V, ground is
OK, etc?

I agree with you that the first thing I need to test is power and
control inputs.

The sad thing is that I don't have a clue how to test that, as only
once before did I ever troubleshoot a furnace. I don't even remember
if it's AC or DC control inputs. Nor which color wires do what
(although I do remember that it's a standard, so, I can look that up).

I just received from Bryant two more PDF manuals, in addition to the
sparse 12-page 373 LAV Series G "User's Information Manual" that
I had already found, namely:
a. Installation Start-up, and Operating Instructions (24 pages)
b. Service and Maintenance Procedures (16 pages)

I can convert the PDF to JPEG and then post the JPG so you can read
them, but is there a way to just post the PDF for you to view them
to help interpret them?