Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On 12/22/2014 9:20 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Mon, 22 Dec 2014 07:50:33 -0500:

CY: That indicated item is the inducer fan. I meant the blower which
should be about a foot diameter, and about a foot long. Hope this
picture arrives:
http://www.meci.com/ebay1/7350905-0510.jpg
If the air handler blower isn't running, the furnace will over heat.

I found that blower you show after looking at the manual:
http://dms.hvacpartners.com//docs/10...0B/OM04-35.pdf

Mine is apparently a "downflow" horizontal model (373LAV), whatever
"downflow" means (as opposed to "upflow" types).

I guess that this means that the air flows "down", which, in the
case of my furnace, is sidewise, I presume to the right (but I'm
just guessing since the direction of airflow isn't described in
the manual).

I called Bryant (at 800-428-4326x3), who confirmed the furnace
is a series G, which was built within the last 15 years, and
actually, based on the serial number, was built in 1999.

They will be sending me more detailed manuals, which I will
let you know when I get them.

Some applications like mobile homes, the air
flows from top to bottom (downflow). Many houses
have furnace in the cellar, and are up flow,
meaning the conditioned air blows out the top.
In the horizontal, doesn't make much difference.

Anyhow, good luck and skill. I hesitate to do
much electrical coaching on an open list like
this.

--
..
Christopher A. Young