Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On 12/21/2014 7:45 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote, on Sat, 20 Dec 2014 09:45:08 -0500:

In any case, please try shutting off the power
for 30 seconds or so, and turn it back on. Some
times that handles nussiance trips.

I turned the power off and then after a few minutes, back on.
Nothing changed.

I tried to check voltages, but I don't know what to test:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7550/1...abb172d6_b.jpg

The model is Bryant 373LAV024070, input 69,000BTU, output 66,000 BTU:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7568/1...8fa24051_b.jpg

If you're safe with a VOM, here's the technique:
Where the BX cable comes in on top (right over
the inducer fan), it ties into the furnace inside
the small box inside the case of the furnace. You
can get into the small box, and check for polarity
and if the ground is connected.

I hesitate to suggest people open up safety boxes
and work with live power, some folks can't do that
safely. Prefer not to go into a lot of detail on
an open forum.

Open ground can cause problems, also.

-
..