Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On Monday, December 22, 2014 6:32:55 AM UTC-5, Danny D. wrote:
trader_4 wrote, on Sun, 21 Dec 2014 22:40:38 -0800:

Instead of making it fire, what does it do/flash if you just power it up
with no call for heat?

It appears to do the same thing, but I need to test further.

Then it's nothing to do with it failing to ignite, overheating, gas
supply, etc. It;'s detecting something wrong with just the application
of power, without it even having a call for heat, trying to fire, etc.

Could be some sensor input is lacking, but then you'd think it would be
flashing a code that was in the table. Given what it's doing, my first
suspicion would be that it's a bad control board. Did you put a meter on
it when power is first applied, verified that it has 120V, ground is OK,
etc?