Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On 12/21/2014 2:51 AM, Danny D. wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote, on Sat, 20 Dec 2014 19:41:51 -0700:

I believe it is code 33. I am pretty sure.

Thanks for looking as it's really hard to tell what the
blinking indicates.

If it's 33, then that corresponds to:

LIMIT OR FLAME ROLL-OUT SWITCH IS OPEN-
If open longer than three minutes, code changes to #13.
Check for:
- Defective blower motor or start capacitor
- Loose blower wheel
- Inadequate combustion air supply flame roll-out switch or fuse link
- Open flame roll-out switch, or fuse link. Manual reset or replace.
- Dirty filter or restricted duct system
- Defective switch or connections

I'm not sure I understand all of those, but some are easy,
e.g., I'll look for whereever the filter is (which has never
been cleaned to my knowledge).

If this is the trouble code, you most likely have
not enough air flow through the furnace, and the
furnace is over heating. You might also have a
clogged flue.

First step is to seek for the air filter, and replace
it. Also see if the blower wheel spins while the furnace
is on, and calling for heat.

--
..
Christopher A. Young