Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David R. Birch David R. Birch is offline

Default Why Build Excellent CAD Into Your Awesome CAM Product?

On 12/20/2014 11:45 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Sat, 20 Dec 2014 12:19:51 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"

I wonder about my choices until someone mentions their $200-a-month
cable bill or an auto body shop tells me the quarter-sized rust repair
I made would have cost $800.

The bank sent a credit card ad offering purchase points for typical
bills, which it listed as $99 for cell phone, $134 for cable, $129 for
electric, $225 for gas and $450 for groceries. I pay less than a
quarter of that.

Think I'll go down and pump some more transmission oil into the 1968
Maytag.
-jsw

So you save about $9,300, not counting your time. Now try figuring
your time.

That's a little less than I got for my last raise. You're a Mensa
member, right? Think about what you could be making.

Or don't. It can make you cry. g

Seriously, we do these things because we want to, not because it makes
a lot of financial sense.

And besides, when I cut out the old 2-in. cast iron drain pipes that
run down my wet wall, I had a great excuse to buy a new Milwaukee
Sawzall. What could be more fun than a new demolition toy?

One of the reasons I don't reload ammo is that the alleged cost savings
don't factor in the value of my time. That's OK for those who find
reloading recreational in itself. I don't, I'd rather spend more time
shooting.

And I haven't done an oil change in years, I can't do it as cheaply as I
can have it done, especially since they put oil filters where you have
to lift the car to get at them.

Not interested in paying someone to shoot for me, though.

:^)

David

David