Posted to alt.home.repair
Arnie Arnie is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clickingsounds

On 12/20/2014 2:16 PM, Fred McKenzie wrote:

So the battery is apparently charged when the generator is running. It
is not clear if it is also charged through one of the three transfer
switch connections. SW2 may be an option you can set to allow that, but
I did not see any mention in the manual.

Fred

FWIW, my 5-year-old 16kW Generac charges the battery from grid power.
(The charging circuit failed two years ago and I had to replace the $80 charging board.)