Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Running a welding BUSINESS from a garage???

wrote in message
On Friday, December 19, 2014 3:26:07 PM UTC-5, Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Ed Huntress" wrote in message
On Fri, 19 Dec 2014 12:05:05 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Bob La Londe wrote

"Ignoramus11878" wrote in

I don't really know what you mean by rationalizing anything. Here in
east coast electrical, HVAC and plumbing businesses the labor union
contracts want long-timers to call the shots, then everyone else plays
their part. So financially, you don't do too bad, but you don't do
too good either (which is what I gather you are hinting at).

But I chose the labor and trade contracts and practices that I signed
to be a part of forwork. So I don't care to have any of my own
employees or major business assets. If I wanted to, I could go out
and cheat against the big labor contract and work with side work and
construction projects and give a single social security number to all
of my hires and steal diesel fuel and sell it like they all do.

But I choose not to fight big labor and I choose to follow the advice
from seniority that I legally get in these fields. In exchange, I get
my share.

Oh, you live where the unions (=mob ) dominate the trades, like
Massachusetts. Lots of people move to Maine, NH or Vermont to get away
from that crap and control their own lives.