Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Bryant propane heater can't possibly be wired reversed (red LEDblinks constantly)

On Saturday, December 20, 2014 6:01:47 AM UTC-5, Stormin Mormon wrote:
On 12/19/2014 10:21 PM, Danny D. wrote:

Here is exactly what the blinking is doing with the cover off
and me pressing on the door switch manually:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/98287134@N02/15438398234/

This is the secret decoder ring in a full-size JPEG file:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/8/7484/1...5d624fe0_c.jpg

What do you make of those blinks with the cover off the unit?

I could not tell if it was continuous, or blinking 11.

In any case, and open ground can some times
give a fault code. I'd get out the VOM, and
check for polarity and also check for open
ground.

The video wouldn't play in Internet Explorer, just sound. In Chrome
it played for me and clearly it shows 1 long flash, 5 short flashes,
followed by continuous flashes. The other video, with the door on,
just shows it flashing continously, no patterm.

Two problems. First the table says the codes are given by the number
of long flashes and short flashes, which would lead you to believe
the long flashes should come first, not the other way around.

Second, no matter, there is no table entry for 1-5 or 5-1.

The continous flashing with the cover on, in the other video, I would
agree looks like line polarity reversed. Which for a previously installed
furnace would appear to be virtually impossible. Another possibility
would be that the control board was replaced previously with a different
type that has different codes.

So, I agree, I'd check with a VOM to make sure AC is in order. After
that, IDK. We don't know the sequence of what comes before those videos.
If the furnace winds up with that constant blinking in the first video
right after power has been removed, then turned back on, I'd say it's
most likely the control board. If the light is just on steady, which I
think is normal condition, and then when it goes to *fire*, he gets the
1 -5 sequence, then I'd say it's more likely something else, ie that it's
detecting something wrong, like pressure, when purging. But why it's not
in the list, the blinks seem backward, I guess that's just par for the
course with the stuff at D's house.