Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makes clickingsounds

On 12/19/2014 9:19 PM, wrote:
So, while I "doubt" that the battery is charged by a power supply
connected to the 240VAC (or even the 120VAC half), the question deserves
a definitive answer, which I will get from Generac and report back.

Very easy to get a definitive answer. Connect your volt meter. What
is the reading??? Above 12.2 volts??? then it is being charged without
the engine running.

I thought a full charged was 12.6 volts.
Did you mean to type 13.2?

-
..
Christopher A. Young