Shawn Wilson

Default slightly OT - repairing chainsaw

Bob Moody wrote:

You're not OT at all. The manual for my chainsaw says very emphatically
that I should end the season by running it until empty. Every season I
forget.

The next Spring, I have learned that putting a small amount of gas without
the normal oil proportion, then cranking for a while, I can get it to start.
I let it run for a few minutes to sort of clean out, then stop it and put
in the PROPER oil and gas mix. Runs like a damn charm the rest of the
summer.

Hi,

Thanks for the advise (to you and everyone else who answered). I think I'll
give your idea a try first, then clean the air filter and finally the carb, if
need be. I'm not really mechanically-inclined )

Thanks again everyone,
Shawn

--
Shawn Wilson