nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin Mormon[_10_] View Post
On 12/18/2014 1:32 PM, philo wrote:

I'm not a smoker but occasionally I enjoy a good cigar.

Just had to see what the big deal was. Personally I preferred Jamaican
cigars...but again...I am not a smoker so who am I to judge?

I'm not an elephant, but occasionally
I swing my trunk, and make elephant
noises.

You really think we believe you're not
a smoker? You contradict yourself.

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
I'm not a liar, but when my wife asked me if the new dress she wanted to buy made her look fat, I said "No". I'm not a liar, but when my neighbor's kid pressed me for an answer, I said "Yes, Jamie, there is a Santa Claus."

Stormin: some things arem't stictly black or white, but various shades of grey.

I photocopied my income tax return at work, and now the receptionist is telling everyone that I'm a thief.

There's a difference between a smoker, some kid who gets an adult to buy him cigarettes so he can supposedly impress his friends, someone who will have an occasional cigarette when offered one and someone who never smokes under any circumstances.

"Not a smoker" means someone who isn't hooked and doesn't normally smoke. It doesn't mean someone who never smokes under any circumstance. So, to say "I'm not a smoker, but I had a cigarette at last year's company Christmas Party" is not a contradiction.

I used to watch that bunk all the time on Sunday morning TV where some TV evangelist would say "If you ever sinned, you are by definition a "sinner"", and I thought "What bunk". If I pounded out something that didn't make sense on a piano, does that make me a "musician"?

Last edited by nestork : December 19th 14 at 04:53 PM