Posted to alt.home.repair
Shadow Shadow is offline

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 10:05:23 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/18/2014 9:57 AM, Shadow wrote:
Amazing that with all that suffering, their health stats are
so much better than the USA's. They must be blessed by goD, or
something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mortality_rate
(kicks ass)

Or maybe someone needs to grow a brain, and throw out all that
old McCarthy propaganda. It went moldy ages ago.
[]'s

Note that due to differences in reporting, these numbers may not be
comparable across countries; while the WHO recommendation is that all
children who show signs of life should be recorded as live births, in
many countries this standard is not followed, artificially lowering
their infant mortality rates relative to countries which follow those
standards.

If the McCarthy stuff is so wrong, why do Cubans
try to get to the US on boats,

Same reason Brazilians used to save for years to go to the US,
then come back when they realized life is easier here. Propaganda. All
our main newspapers, radios and TVs are American owned. We were fed
the story that all Americans made millions of dollars a year, hardly
worked at all, and had amazing toys. Internet killed all that. Very
few people emigrate now, and if they do, it's to hide dirty money.
(See Jose Serra, Fernando Henrique Cardoso, Aecio Neves, Marina Silva,
Joaquim Barbosa, Gilmar Mendes, Daniel Dantas (the TrueCrypt guy) and
countless other criminals that have illegal accounts there).

but we've not had many US try to go to Cuba?

From what I heard, that's illegal. You will get shot by the
coastguard. The American defense system is quite efficient.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012