nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philo*[_2_] View Post
Personally I preferred Jamaican cigars...but again...I am not a smoker so who am I to judge?
I don't smoke, and I can't tell the difference between a top rated Cuban cigar and the cheapest cigar in the whole tobacconist's shop.

It's the same with most stuff. I can't tell the diffeence between a mongrel mutt from an animal shelter and the Best in Show at the Westminister Kennel Club. I presume the dog from the Kennel Club would have fewer ticks and wouldn't smell as much when you give it a bath. I can't tell the difference between a really good bottle of Bordeaux Chateau Whatever and a bottle of cheap Chilean dinner wine. I'd probably like the sweeter one more. Since I use my computer very much like a glorified typewriter, I can't tell the difference between a 386SX processor and the fastest one out there now. All of this makes me wonder why we're always being sold stuff that's supposedly better if most of us can't tell the difference between good, better and best?

But I agree that the announcement yesterday about the normalization of relations with Cuba is not just political news. It's very much global economic news as manufacturers from all over the world will be looking to Cuba as an attractive alternative to China for a source of cheap labour.

Last edited by nestork : December 18th 14 at 09:57 PM