Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_15_] Danny D.[_15_] is offline

Default Generac 8Kw generator balky start and transfer switch makesclicking sounds

trader_4 wrote, on Thu, 18 Dec 2014 04:29:58 -0800:

As I said before, it's part of the control electronics. If you're
that interested, go find a schematic or read the repair/operation
manual.

I have a schematic but I didn't read it as I'm pretty sure, just
by talking to Generac, that it's charged by the generator only.
But, I could be wrong - but I'm not that interested as the system
is working just fine and all I need to do is fix the one frayed
wire and I'm done.

BTW, I mistakenly said "inverter" in the previous post, when I
had meant "power supply" (since it's AC to DC, and not DC to AC).