Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:58:59 AM UTC-5, Shadow wrote:
On Thu, 18 Dec 2014 09:09:03 -0500, Stormin Mormon
wrote:

On 12/17/2014 11:08 PM, wrote:
Didn't see anyone starving - the bare necessities are provided -
along with totally free health care and education. The average Cuban
does not live well, but they do better than just survive.

http://www.csmonitor.com/1995/0612/12062.html

The Christian Science Monitor

June 12, 1995

HAVANA -- LAURA FRAILE ROMERO holds open a tattered coin purse to reveal
a few small coins and a 10-peso bill.

"Do you think I can make it to the end of the month on that?" she asks.
"The truth is, I go to bed hungry at night."

Amazing that with all that suffering, their health stats are
so much better than the USA's. They must be blessed by goD, or
something.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...mortality_rate
(kicks ass)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ife_expectancy
(a draw)

Or maybe someone needs to grow a brain, and throw out all that
old McCarthy propaganda. It went moldy ages ago.
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012

Their life expectancy, per your own source, isn't so much better than
the USA. It's actually a tad lower. Still it's a valid point, they
are about the same as the USA.

The infant mortality numbers, I think you have to look beyond the raw
numbers. All you have is the reported deaths per 1000 live births.
Given that the USA has some of the most advanced means available to
allow children to be born alive that would not have made it in many
other countries, that has to be factored in. Meaning that in Cuba,
if you have a pregnancy that goes wrong, it may very well end there,
with no live birth to record. In the USA it could result in a live birth,
of an infant with the resulting complications, with the infant dying
weeks later, increasing the USA infant mortality.

I also would not trust numbers from a dictatorship, run by commies,
where there is no freedom of press and where anyone that dares question
the govt winds up in jail or dead. All commies lie. Even alleged
ex-commies, like Putin, still have it in their blood.