Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default USA normalizes relations with Cuba

On Thursday, December 18, 2014 3:17:11 AM UTC-5, nestork wrote:
'Oren[_2_ Wrote:
;3322791']
Bull hocky. One or the other would be a good president in Havana.

I think the social experiment that was communism is officially dead.

It was dead in 1960, a failure even then, but the corpse lives on.
Try telling the Castros, that run the place that communism is dead.
The govt still owns virtually all the businesses and property.

People now understand that sharing your nothing with everyone simply
eliminates the incentive and desire we all have to get ahead of the rest
of the pack.

A lot of people undestood that in 1960 too, like all the folks who
had their wealth confiscated, their businesses taken away, their relatives
shot. A lot of people understood it in the half a century since, when
they fled here, risking their lives to escape. The problem is,
the Castros are still the dictators running the place and they don't
understand that and haven't changed much.

We evolved from apes. Apes are territorial. The food on their
territory is THEIR food and they'll kill you if you help yourself to it.
And, that's pretty much the way we are. We're greedy. No other word
cuts through to capture the true essence of evolution than "greed".

Perhaps if we evolved from ants or bees, we'd be different, but greed is
essential to motivate every individual in the population to take a
chance by striking out on their own in any venture they believe will pay
off; whether that means starting a business or robbing a bank, it all
arises from greed.

Communism stifles that incentive by making everyone equal. Only the
party leaders are more equal than everyone else, and therefore enjoy a
much better lifestyle than everyone else by using their position to
steal as much as they can for themselves.

--
nestork

You're preaching to the choir with that last part. Unfortunately the
apes running Cuba don't agree with you.