Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default Air powered booster pump?

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:19:20 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:12:41 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 05:47:32 -0600, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I just got another 21
billdrits from HF yesterday for $2.97. 1/16", the size I break most
often.

Larry, you should work on that. You certainly should be wearing out
bits; but not breaking them. 1/16" twist drills don't break any easier
than any other size, if you're running them at the right chip load, with
the right lubricant.

What and how are you drilling that you break enough bits to justify
having a entire pocket-full of just the one size? (And, you know those
Horrible Fright drills aren't centered, and don't have consistent rake
from flute to flute???)

LLoyd

1/16" and smaller drill bits are harder to use with a hand held drill
motor. So put the bit in a drill press.

Uh, show me how to hang blinds with a drill press please, sir. g
Or drill thru trim into the siding on a house to hang it. Yup, their
rowdy kids tore it off while running around the house chasing each
other, so I screwed them on for the owner. With Liquid Nails added,
in a couple cases. I truly wished to offer child rearing advice, but
you know how that always goes over with negligent parents. What the
heck? It's job security, I guess.

Just as well. My brother used to offer us all kinds of advice rearing
our three boys, then him and his wife adopted their boy and girl. No
advice since.

Pete Keillor