nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oren[_2_] View Post
Bull hocky. One or the other would be a good president in Havana.
I think the social experiment that was communism is officially dead. People now understand that sharing your nothing with everyone simply eliminates the incentive and desire we all have to get ahead of the rest of the pack.

We evolved from apes. Apes are territorial. The food on their territory is THEIR food and they'll kill you if you help yourself to it. And, that's pretty much the way we are. We're greedy. No other word cuts through to capture the true essence of evolution than "greed".

Perhaps if we evolved from ants or bees, we'd be different, but greed is essential to motivate every individual in the population to take a chance by striking out on their own in any venture they believe will pay off; whether that means starting a business or robbing a bank, it all arises from greed.

Communism stifles that incentive by making everyone equal. Only the party leaders are more equal than everyone else, and therefore enjoy a much better lifestyle than everyone else by using their position to steal as much as they can for themselves.

Last edited by nestork : December 18th 14 at 07:50 AM