Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Air powered booster pump?

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
:

I use them all freehand, not in a drill press. And it's all on loose
material, like mobile home siding/trim and wood. Half the time, it's
from setting the drill down and grabbing the screwdriver to put the
screw in, or from kicking it over. I need to build a safer storage
for them, too, because many are broken in my toolbox when they fall
out of the cheap plastic holder in which Snappy sold them.

Handymen are much harder on tools than machinists, in their nice clean
shops.

Sounds like you should be using stub-lenght drills for that sort of task,
or even a drill mandrel with only a tiny bit of (adjustable) stickout.
If you're using 1/16" bits, you aren't penetrating far.

LLoyd