John Rumm

Default Firewood loads and weights

Bob Mannix wrote:

Well, the only actual quote is from the jolly nice place with the managed
woodlands, guaranteed seasoned hardwood, choose your wood even, nice
smelling fircones for kindling for Christmas (and, it has to be said,
excellent customer service) http://www.go-ni.co.uk/firewood/ and that is
?58 a half load (~200 logs). This is a little more than I was hoping to
pay - this is Oxfordshire though. Cheaper sources are likely to be mixtures
of hard and soft wood, variably seasoned I guess, but even so... Needless to

I would say the load I got was 90% assorted hardwoods and no pine cones!
This year I noted they have nicely split all the logs into fireplace
sized lumps - in previous years a little axe work was required on the
larger logs

--
Cheers,

John.