Posted to rec.woodworking
G. Ross G. Ross is offline

Default Belt/Disk sander reviews

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Bill wrote:
Thinking a stationary belt/disk sander might be just the thing
for smoothing push sticks cut out of yellow pine with my band saw

snip
It's a classic POS product, IMHO.

Better to get a 12" disk sander and a separate spindle sander.

Even at H/F, you are looking at $140 apiece, but at least you
will have some decent equipment.

Lew

I have a disk sander (as well as belt sanders, and others) and I find
that I seldom use it. Seems like I alternate between needing coarse
grit for evening something out and fine for other uses. I HATE
changing the disk, and often cannot use it again because the glue
sticks to the metal instead of coming off with the sandpaper. It is
much easier to change a belt. Maybe I need several disk sanders with
different grits on them.

--
 GW Ross

 The more you explain it, the less I